November 21, 2012

Vroom! Layout by Marina Khong

Today I will share a layout I created using November's main kit; Sock Hop. This is a two-photo layout of my son playing with those cute pedal plastic cars you find at Toys'r'Us, he loves those, but then again he is obsessed with anything with wheels!

Studio Calico's November Kit - Sock Hop

Studio Calico's November Kit - Sock Hop

Studio Calico's November Kit - Sock Hop

Here's a quick and easy tutorial to the layout
  1. Firstly I determined where I wanted the patterned papers. I decided to use the 2 pieces of promotional papers that came with the kit, they were already a good size :)
  2. Next I lay over the other layers. I needed a red to make the layout pop and I sneaked in some leftover paper from September's kit hehe (the one with the box numbers).
  3. Then I removed everything and misted some red ink on the yellow base paper.

I created some embellishments using the arrow stamps. Stamp in black on the paper and fussy cut. Use foam dots to adhere it to the layout and watch it pop!

Do check out the awesome Sock Hop here!


Well that's all for now and thanks for visiting! 

XOXO
Marina


2 comments:

Jaime Lee said...

I love the way how you use the stamps! Awesome layout and Lucas is growing to be a very handsome boy.

rabslove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.